The Easiest and Fastest Way to Learn Mandarin
Did you know that Mandarin is the world’s most widely spoken language, with over one billion native speakers? Once you get the basics down, you’ll be surprised how quickly you’re able to begin speaking it. And knowing even a little bit of the language will make travel to China far easier and much more fun.
Whether your goal is to travel, communicate with friends or colleagues, reconnect with family, or just understand more of what’s going on around you, learning to speak Mandarin will expand your horizons and immeasurably enrich your life. The best part is that it doesn’t have to be difficult or take years to master. Thirty minutes a day is all it takes, and we get you speaking right from the first day.
Pimsleur courses use a scientifically proven method that puts you in control of your learning. If you’ve tried other language learning methods but found they simply didn’t stick, then you owe it to yourself to give Pimsleur a try.
- Quick + easy – only 30 minutes a day.
- Portable + flexible – core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
- Proven method – works when other methods fail.
- Self-paced – go fast or go slow – it’s up to you.
- Based in science – developed using proven research on memory and learning.
- Cost-effective – less expensive than classes or immersion and features all native speakers.
- Genius – triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
- Works for everyone – recommended for ages 13 and above.
What’s Included in Pimsleur Chinese (Mandarin) Level 5?
- Thirty 30-minute audio lessons of spoken Mandarin language learning, plus one hour and 15 minutes of Hanyu Pinyin reading lessons.
- In total, nearly 16 hours of audio, all featuring native speakers.
What You’ll Learn
Pimsleur Chinese (Mandarin) Level 5, designed to be taken after level 4, builds upon skills taught in Pimsleur’s Chinese (Mandarin) levels 1-4. The thirty 30-minute lessons, plus the Hanyu Pinyin reading practice, will enable you to speak and understand Mandarin with near fluency and with a broad range of conversational skills. In Level 5 the pace and conversation move quite rapidly, accelerating exposure to new vocabulary and structures, approaching native speed and comprehension. You’ll learn to speak more in-depth about your personal life and emotional state and be able to create complex sentences using a mix of tenses and moods.